08 May | Reality checks - Dooms Day

Saturday, May 09, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments



Today might be one of my darkest day on earth. At least it is ongoingly haunting me. As daunting as it seems, it is as eerie as it sounded.

Lately I had an encounter of probably a financial scam. And I am at lost now as to what I can do to rip off my mistakes or my lack of cautiousness. I am indeed terrified, and also upset plus extremely frustrated at myself for not being more cautious & aware.

I read this online, and I can very well relate to it.
“It isn’t because people are stupid or lack common sense. But we, as human beings, are all vulnerable to being deceived because people can misplace their trust if manipulated in certain ways. The social engineer anticipates suspicion and resistance, and he’s always prepared to turn distrust into trust. A good social engineer plans his attack like a chess game, anticipating the questions his target might ask so he can be ready with the proper answers. One of his common techniques involves building a sense of trust on the part of his victim. How does a con man make you trust him? Trust me, he can.”
See more at: https://www.digitalnewsasia.com/digital-economy/scammers-in-malaysia-up-their-game-with-social-engineering#sthash.FyCODDOk.dpuf

But what I need to face is that, what is done is done. And I can only lodge a report, notify the banks and also to deal with this calmly by speaking to professionals.


I may or may not update it soon ..

0 comments: