Film Production of Sabah (FPS)

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 Unknown 0 Comments

I remember how I always introduce myself as a newcomer or to newcomers, "I'm a Sarawakien from Sabah." People always take few seconds to react to that. 70% of my life happenings circulate Sabah though middle part of my identification card number is "13". It is my home, a plentiful land, full of talents & undiscovered beauty.

I remember, we used to take a period of time to know things about someone. With availability of internet access, and numerous social media platforms, you can just dip into freshest bit of that someone you have yet to know in the slightest seconds. People like Jinnyboy TV, GRIM FILM, DanKhoo Productions, Joseph Germani , ... are no strangers to local youtube & filmatography scene.

Trend evolves, passion leads on. Film production in Sabah is growing ... These people are just plain inspiring! :) How can I not share about them?


- in·i·ti·ate - Cause (a process or action) to begin
In aim to share Inspiring Stories from Passionate People, INit believes everyone has passion in something, great work is the result of that passion. AND Sabah is full of passionate people doing awesome work. These are the people who are really good at what they do because they love doing it. They never stop pushing their limits regardless of where they are or the challenges they face. These are the ones who showed  nothing is impossible.


One of the recent project by INit,  Film Camp 2013, a workshop to raise the local filming standard by focusing specially on budding filmmakers in Kota Kinabalu. Learn on the job by teaming with other filmmakers to pitch, shoot and produce a 5 minute documentary whilst sharing their skills and experience.
Organized by Sabah Computer Society (SCS) and Film Production Of Sabah (FPS) and supported by Sabah Ministry of Resource Development and Information Technology (KPSKTM).


All the groups played their cards very well, showing off their technical skills telling captivating stories. I always believe a conveyed message, is a successful video regardless of its genre. I'm not over-rating these people, I believe there is always room for improvement. These efforts, the videos, is really a great way to kick-start film production industry in Sabah!

Done by Group 2: From small beginnings come great things.

Done by Group 3: A glimpse of that ordinary-extraordinary life.

Done by Group 4: Fire is burning passion.

My effort to do this blog entry in hoping that these talents would be acknowledged. This is my humble writing to help to promote local film productions, esp Film Production of Sabah. I envisage for more & more jaw-dropping pieces :D

* * *
“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. 
Make. Good. Art.” 
- Neil Gaiman

Page to like & follow:

0 comments: