Watoto Children's Choir Asia Tour 2013 (Malaysia stop)

Friday, October 04, 2013 Unknown 0 Comments

I was informed about this event a week before through CF. The next thing I remember was myself making arrangements to attend this event. I think I was a wee-bit excited because Africa has always been a place that I wanted to visit. In my mind, I think its a golden opportunity to witness the beauty of Africa in Malaysia!


Watoto Children's Choir is an African children choir based in Kampala, Uganda (at Watoto Church). It is composed of approximately 18 children from Uganda. Watoto means "Children" in Swahili language.

Here's a short video introducing Watoto choir:



Accompanied by a team of adults, the choir presents Watoto's vision and mission through their stories, music and dance. Watoto choirs act as ambassadors to raise awareness about the plight of the orphaned and vulnerable children of Africa.

Here's a video of Watoto Documentary:
(What is Watoto about?) 



Watoto is an holistic care programmed that was initiated as a response to the overwhelming number of orphaned and vulnerable children and women in Africa. It is positioned to rescue an individual, raise each one as a leader in their chosen sphere of life so that in turn they will rebuild their nation. The Watoto model provides for physical care, medical intervention (including HIV/AIDS treatment), education (formal & vocational), counseling and emotional well-being, moral and spiritual discipleship.

I really enjoyed their vibrant performances so much! They're SO lively that they kept my senses busy! We were even invited to join their dances in between. I  had to take out my phone to record parts of their performances so to share to you, how beautiful they've implemented their cultures into their performances.

So here's a compilation of videos I took that night, I think not all performances but most of them. Just took part of it so you'll save yourself for a Watoto Children's Choir in the future =D



P/S: Video & sound quality isn't so good. So keep the volume slightly lower.

Photos of the Night!







Jas, Aleen, Ps. Mark, Ai Yean




RESCUE       RAISE       REBUILD

More information on Watoto,
visit www.watoto.asia
visit www.watoto.com

0 comments: