Wisma Merdeka, Kota Kinabalu

Thursday, November 17, 2011 Unknown 0 Comments

I remembered I did a holiday trip with my family to KK last year (if I'm not mistaken). Being a part of KL for a year more, makes me used to the view of skyscrapers and shopping malls. Of course, those who came from Tawau either fly off to KL or KK for their shopping haven =)
Dad knowing that I'm sick of KL's life so he brought me along somewhere more "old-school"... One thing good about going holiday with family is that, we hunt for cheap goods with reasonable price. Not much branded-bias of us.

Of course, with emerging shopping malls in KK like Warisan Square, City Mall, 1Borneo, ... Wisma Merdeka is no longer the "it" mall/hang out place anymore ...



         Among other places that I've been to in the building, I really love the Food Court in Wisma Merdeka. The building itself from outside might look old and dull but I never thought I would get such a nice insight from within! The ambience of the whole food court is great. I feel as if I'm home =D Being an avid reviewer of interior designs & architectural details... I've always been a fan of oriental, old-school, homey. I'm in love with Japanese, Germany interior. As you can see in the pictures, the stalls, table, chairs are from wood of different shade basic and earthy colours. A lot of details going on, using wood and varieties of texture and colours. One thing about the woody colour is that, it gives you a sense of belonging to home, and nature :). Quite dim lightening for the entire place I must say ... Would be a better place to chill rather than a nice heavy meal owing to not so good air ventilation and slight dim condition...I love how each stall is able to show their best deal with the astonishing high contrast and colourful white-framed photo gallery =D

The Fact that I give thumbs up* to this place is the creativity of them using bird's cage as a decoration detail of the lamp. Interesting ay? I just feel it's really cool and it's really nice. Not a bad choice for couples to come for a snack and drink. Some varieties of food is not too bad too. I like their avocado milkshake. I love some of their fingerfood too =)

So here's a candid shot of my parents figuring out wht they should be ordering. 
Ahh, this is not in Wisma Merdeka. It's in PappaRich of City Mall.

So that's it ... Just a random post bout this place. It's non-advertorial and it's a non-profit blog post. Just thought of "sharing is caring". Also, my apologies of the 'layman' term as I'm not very good with interior or architectural terminology.
Oh wells,Take care, I'll update again soon ^^

0 comments: