Home cook Korean food for lunch

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments

After so long I am finally updating the blog. I have finally progressed into working life - what the ultimate goal of finishing your post-grad/ tertiary studies. Honestly, I still couldn't get a hold of it until now. The job itself is not extremely hard, it's just being committed to the job scopes, the responsibilities, and the travelling time that is exhausting to me. Oh, I am still teaching swimming at the moment, I hardly have time even for myself. However, I am moving soon, I assume I would cut down a whole lot of travelling time to-fro work once I've moved nearer to my workplace.

I usually get a weekday off from work because of the long working hours and I savour each of them very much! Today, I decided to cook full course Korean food upon request from my bestie. I never really cooked because I was pampered by my chef dad. And being away from home, I picked up the chef spatula and decided to play with flavours and my instincts. Thanks to maangchi.com I'm able to pick up these Korean food cooking within seconds!

Here's the kind of #foodfie everyone likes to take. Forgot to take a photo of soybean paste soup. Was extremely easy to make anyway. Just stir-fry garlic, radish, carrot until the taste all blend then add 2 tablespoon of soybean paste, let it simmer and then add in the Korean seaweed then finally, add in water and wait to boil.

Home-made kimchi. I backed down because there was once a Korean told me kimchi is not easy to make. However I tried my lucky last night (making it). They don't taste the best because they're not well fermented yet (less than 24 hours!) This is the Napa cabbage kimchi or Tongbaechu-kimchi 통배추김치. I altered the ingredients to my likings however the ginger was not well minced - still tasting chunks of them while enjoying my kimchi. Not very satisfied with first try - too salty to my likings. But hey, it's not that easy. I have to agree, making these take up a lot of preparing time.

This is the Crispy and crunchy fried chickenDakgangjeong 닭강정. It turned out really well. Well the sauce was really easy to make! And from this I have to agree that easiest ingredients often make the best food. My stove isn't working at the last minute and I had to deep fry the chicken with an electric stove (not easy to control the heat, not the best to work with). On the safe side, I toasted the chicken however as you can see, some parts of it is burnt. I'm not good in multi-tasking, still doing other cooking at the same time. Overall it turns out well 
The easy Chicken Bulgogi. I marinated the chicken overnight with self-made Korean BBQ sauce following recipe from Simple Scratch Cooking. I stir fried the chicken with spring onion, oyster mushroom, button mushroom and a dash of chilli powder (must have in Korean food!)
Lastly I am ending this post with Halloween Cupcakes by the one & only A Slice of Heaven by Just Heavenly I was in love with their Durian Chocolate and thought why not I give the cupcakes a shot. Tastes simply satisfying & filling :9
It was a fruitful lunch - I discovered my 'talent' & patience dealing with food, and the birthday girl enjoyed the meal. Here's to many more years!

0 comments: