Valentine's Day at Big Mugz Bar & Bistro

Thursday, February 14, 2013 Unknown 0 Comments

The initial plan was to chillax at Roof Garden Lounge on this very day enjoying Tawau's scenic view. I was pretty eager because I've never been to the newly opened Roof Garden. Not to my surprise, the place is fully booked though we called few day earlier to make a reservation. Our last resort to just chill & stay at Big Mugz Bar & Bistro.

Basically, if you stay in Tawau or you are to know Tawaurians' culture, 'yum-cha' 饮茶(Cantonese) is the MAIN or the BIG THING here. So, Big Mugz is just another place for you to chillax, a place with more crowd, serve alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages, better ambience, a place where 'night-lives' come to. Not to miss, a place with finger food, Italian food, loud music, & almost Whole of Tawau would come here on Wed/Fri/Sat nights.

I still rmbr there wasn't roof & those lighting set up.
Adding this, added more 'oomp' to this place

Chinese Lantern added to usher the Chinese New Year!

Decided to just chill with people I feel comfortable with: Lisa, Eni, Eni's husband, Shan Yie. It was my 1st time meeting Eni & her husband. They're very friendly people. You know how Tawau people are friendly :D I met Mumu Ngui & his gf, Kym too! Just didn't approach to take a pic coz I don't wanna spoil their Valentine Night x)

Curry Fish Ball!
Pretty addictive!

I know it looked like crap coz its over-exposed. But I think the taste is all right.


Here are the people who spend their Valentine's Night together :D

Overall, I think its a cool place to chill-out. You can't find another kind of place like this in Tawau unless you like Roof Garden Lounge. This place reminds me a lot of Upperstar in Kota Kinabalu. Food wise is not too over the top, I'm not all that picky coming to food. Beverages wise, I think most of them are quite diluted (alcoholic/ non-alcoholic).

Credits:
Make up: Lisa Dieh
Photos captured by HTC One X

0 comments: